Connecting Twitter to Automate.io
There are two methods to connect Twitter to Automate.io.
Go to APPS in your dashboard. Click the blue ‘+’ button on the top-right. You will see a ‘Add a new app’ pop-up.
Search for Twitter in the search box. Select Twitter. You will see a window that prompts you to validate the app.
Enter your login details and then click Sign In to give Automate.io access to your Twitter account.
Then hit Save. You now have successfully connected your Twitter account to Automate.io.
While creating a Bot, you can directly connect Twitter either as a Trigger or an Action app. Refer to 'Connecting the Trigger app' or 'Connecting the Action app' in How to create a Bot.
Using Twitter with Automate.io
Now that the connection is successful, it’s time for the real fun—creating bots to automate your tasks. You will need to set up a trigger and action(s) to do that. To learn what these terms mean, check out our Automate.io terminology page.
You can integrate Twitter with so many of your favorite apps—CRM, support, collaboration, payments, forms, etc.
Things to remember
- For the 'Search Tweets' and 'Search Tweets in a Geolocation' triggers, partial search works.
- 'My Tweet' triggers even for retweets.
- We do not support auto-responding to tweets as it violates Twitter's policies.
- Currently, we do not support posting images, videos, and GIFs in the 'Send Tweet' action.
- The rate of 'Send Tweet' and 'Retweet' actions is limited to 1 for every 5 minutes.
1. Error 403 - Unable to create tweet, duplicate of existing tweet detected.
Reason: This error occurs when the Bot has already created the existing tweet before.
2. Error - Please use the Send Tweet action to send without @mention.
Reason: This error occurs when you use an @mention in the Status field of the 'Send Tweet' action.
3. Error - Only one @mention is allowed per tweet.
Reason: This error occurs when you use more than one @mention in the Status field of the 'Send @mention to a Follower' action.