Connecting Teamwork Projects to Automate.io
There are two methods to connect Teamwork Projects to Automate.io.
Go to APPS in your dashboard. Click the blue ‘+’ button on the top-right. You will see a ‘Add a new app’ pop-up.
Search for Teamwork Projects in the search box. Select Teamwork Projects. You will see a window which prompts you to validate the app.
Enter your Teamwork URL and API Token in the window.
How do I get my Teamwork URL?
After logging into your Teamwork Projects account, you will see a URL in the address bar of your browser. Copy that URL until the '.com/' and paste it in your Automate.io validation screen.
Where do I find my API Token?
1. Login to your Teamwork Projects account.
2. Click your avatar on the top-right corner and select 'Edit my details'.
3. In the dialog box, go to API & Mobile. Under Your API Token, click 'Show your Token'.
4. Copy the API Token and paste it in your Automate.io validation screen.
Then, click Validate to grant Automate.io access to your Teamwork Projects account. Then hit Save. You now have successfully connected your Teamwork Projects account to Automate.io.
While creating a Bot, you can directly connect Teamwork Projects either as a Trigger or an Action app. Refer to 'Connecting the Trigger app' or 'Connecting the Action app' in How to create a Bot.
Using Teamwork Projects with Automate.io
Now that the connection is successful, it’s time for the real fun—creating bots to automate your tasks. You will need to set up a trigger and action(s) to do that. To learn what these terms mean, check out our Automate.io terminology page.
You can integrate Teamwork Projects with so many of your favorite apps—CRM, support, collaboration, payments, forms, etc.
1. Currently, we have the following limitations due to restrictions in the Teamwork Projects API.
- For the ‘Add a Task’ action, currently, we do not support member-related fields, reminders, and repeating tasks.
- For the ‘New Task’ trigger, we do not support tags.
- Under 'Add a Task' action, you can set dependencies only as either True or False.
- In the 'New Task List' trigger, under Output fields, we only support the 'Milestone ID' field but not 'Milestone name'.
2. In the 'Add a task' action, under the input field 'Attachments', you cannot add new attachments to tasks. We show only the existing attachments present in your account.
3. Currently, we are not supporting project-related triggers and actions.