What is Auto-retry?
Auto-retry feature is your safety net against data loss due bot mis-configuration or API downtime with the apps you use.
When Bots run, sometimes Actions fail. This causes the Bot to error out, and that data will not be processed.
With the Auto-retry feature, you can make the Bot automatically re-try the failed actions over the next 24 hours. You can also manually re-run the failed actions from the Activity tab any time.
When Exactly will it Help?
- Service outage or API issues with the apps you use (Trello, MailChimp etc). They are not uncommon when you use many apps. Such issues are generally resolved by the few hours and hence auto-retry can ensure data is processed automatically when the service is restored.
- Bot setup issues or changes may sometimes result in errors. This feature allows you to correct the Bot configuration and ensure the previously erring data is re-processed.
Auto-retry can be enabled from the toggle button inside the Activity tab of your account. You need to be in the Growth plan or above to use this feature.
How it works
- Failed actions are tried after 5 mins, 20 mins, 1 hour, 4 hours, 10 hours and finally at 24 hours from the time of first failure
- Incase you edit the Bot during the retry period, the changes will affect the Actions that are being retried. So, if there is a Bot setup issue that causes errors, you can correct it within 24 hours.
Note: Avoid making major changes (deleting / adding actions to the Bot).
- You can also manually run a failed items (past 24 hours).