How Secure is Automate.io
- All our network communications happen on secure HTTPS protocol offering a high level of network security
- All credentials (for the third-party apps you grant permission to), in Automate.io are stored in an encrypted format
- Credit card information you provide is stored and processed by our billing system Stripe.com (the most popular and secure system for recurring billing). Refer to Stripe data security. No one has access to your credit card details (except last 4 digits)
- Automate.io has passed a comprehensive 3rd party security review from Salesforce as part of its partnership program.
- We use MLAB for database hosting (data resides on Amazon AWS N.Virginia). Data is accessed over a secure private network.
- The website/application is hosted on Amazon AWS (N.Virginia).
Data access and logs
- We log in and check your Bots only as may be required to assist you with setup and troubleshooting
- Employee have restricted access to stored credentials for linked third-party apps, access is granted on a case-by-case basis as required for troubleshooting
- We store Bot activity logs (data flowing through) for a maximum of 30 days so as to enable you to verify/fine-tune your Bots
Automate.io is committed to users' right to data privacy and respects the spirit of the EU's General Data Protection Regulation.
We now have a GDPR compliant Data Processing Agreement (DPA), that our customers can optionally sign with us.
We're continuously working on adding more data control options (for activity log data and others).
Automate.io is Privacy Shield compliant. We comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
Our Sub-processors (third-party services)
- Intercom, MailChimp: customer communication & support
- Stripe: set up recurring billing and process credit card payment
- MLab & MongoDB.com: database hosting providers
- Mailgun & Mandrill for sending emails
- Google Apps, Trello & Slack: internal team communication and collaboration
- Google Analytics & Mixpanel & FullStory & Clicky: aggregate user analytics
- GitLab: source code repository
- Tapfiliate: Affiliate tracking & reporting
- AWS: Hosting platform
- Profitwell: Pricing analytics
- Apptuit: Server monitoring and analytics
- Errbit: Error monitoring